Friday 11 December 2015

Elemis Frangipani Monoi body oil


 
 
One of my all-time desert island products for me has to be Elemis frangipani monoi body oil. I tend to use this product for when I really want to feel pampered after a bath or a long hot shower. Some people may be put off using this however as it has a very pungent, musky scent.  The ingredients in this product contain coconut oil and frangipani flowers the only way for me to describe this heavenly aroma is to imagine yourself on a warm exotic holiday surrounded by exotic smelling flowers and coconut palms.  
This product has won various beauty awards of the past 15 years. It comes in a red glass bottle and when you first see it you immediately think how do you get the product out as it is solidified.  You can either place the bottle on a warm radiator or do what I do which is when  you are in the bath place some warm water in the sink and let the bottle sit in the sink until you are ready to use it. The heat of the water or temperature from the radiator return this product to a silky oil.
 
 
Once you have been in the bath or shower apply this product to damp skin and massage all over your body. If you have any dry or rough patches such as feet, knees or elbows I would concentrate on massaging the oil into these areas first. Elemis advise you can also apply this to your hair if you like for a nourishing treatment, although I haven’t done this myself.
Every time I use this product I feel as though I am either transported away to my own desert island or feel like I have attended a luxury spa. This is my weekend indulgent treat when the house is empty and I have a bit of me time. My skin always feel soft and supply and the aroma is still present the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment