Wednesday 11 November 2015

Bare Minerals Original SPF15



For those of you who have either not heard of Bare Minerals before or have wanted to try their products but are unsure of the results you can achieve I thought I would give you my personal view on their starting product which was the bare minerals SPF 15 original foundation. 

I came across Bare Minerals make up 10 years ago whilst on a shopping trip on holiday in Orlando, Florida. I was looking for a make-up product that would give me sun protection (SPF) as well as something to act as a foundation.
I saw a Bare Minerals counter in a shopping mall advertising pure mineral make upproducts which contained SPF.  The assistant started to talk to me about the brand and how they were the first brand to develop the mineral make up revolution in which their products are free of any preservatives, fillers and binders which can be found in some other make-up brands. Bare Minerals products are breathable, lightweight with rich pigmentation and contain both UVA/UVB filters which can help to protect your skin from sun damage.
I felt like I had received an education in skin care and was delighted to be able to test out the products on my own skin to see how my skin would adapt to their products.  I was a little apprehensive at first as I was always used to using a liquid foundation, however once I understood how to apply the minerals I was blown away with the results.
I have listed out 3 steps which bare minerals advise when applying their original foundation:

Easy Application Technique

Step 1 – Swirl

Tap out a small amount of minerals into the lid (using a foundation brush) I recommend Bare Minerals flawless application brush, swirl your brush into the minerals.



Step 2 - Tap

Tap the brush against the side of the lid to remove any excess product.

Step 3 – Buff

Start to buff the minerals into your skin using circular motions. Continue to use these three steps until you are satisfied with the coverage.





Although its formation is a powder once I started to buff it into my skin I could see it formed a creamy texture similar to a liquid foundation.  My skin looked healthy, it did not feel like it was caked in heavy make-up it had a luminosity to it. I was extremely satisfied with the results, and as a result I continue to follow bare minerals and purchase their products to date.

 

2 comments:

  1. That's really useful as I'm thinking about trying some Bare Minerals products. The application tips will be very helpful! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, let me know how you get on.

    ReplyDelete