Friday 13 November 2015

OPI Starlight Christmas 2015 collection


Every year OPI bring out a christmas nail polish collection in time for the party season. For 2015 they have named their collection "starlight" which contains 18 limited edition nail polishes which they have themed around space and a  glittering night sky. 
OPI made two collections based on these shades which they advertised on QVCUK recently. Both collections contained brand new limited edition Swarovski inspired christmas shades, as well as two nail envy’s, avoplex hand lotion and drip dry drying drops which are packaged in a gift box ready to gift for people who love nail polish.
Painting my nails is one of my favourite past times. I currently use OPI products I was very excited to see the launch of this new collection.  I decided to purchase the cool collection as it contained colours which I liked, I also liked the fun and quirky names which OPI give their nail polishes.
This kit included the following:

1 x Give Me Space (15ml) - night-sky blue sparkle
1 x I Drive a Super Nova (15ml) - pearly silver
1 x The Centre of the You-niverse (15ml) - black shimmer
1 x Is this Star Taken? (15ml) - iridescent gold
1 x Original Nail Envy (15ml)
1 x Bubble Bath Nail Envy (15ml) 
1 x Avoplex Lotion (50ml)
1 x Drip Dry Drying Drops (9ml)
1 x gift box

This kit arrived within a few days and looks like this:



I decided I would try out each of the polishes for a week to see what the colour was like and to test its longevity and would write this blog to discuss my findings.

For each application I applied original nail envy as a base coat and applied two coats of nail polish. Followed by a top coat. The colours which I felt this kit was worth buying for were, give me space (top left) and the centre of the you-niverse (bottom left), together with the nail treatments.  As you can see in the pictures below there is a real depth of colour, with a really pretty sparkle.  For me both of this polishes look like a night sky full of stars. The top coat gave them both a gloss finish and both polishes lasted throughout the week, I did not experience any chips or flaking.


I was disappointed with the other two colours in this collection, I drive a super nova (top right) and is this star taken(bottom right).   You can see from the picture above the silver (I drive a super nova) nail polish has visible brush strokes through it which I don't particularly want to see in a premium nail polish. Although the colour and glitter stands of is this star taken looks  quite pretty, I found them to snag on my bedsheets and clothes, even with a top coat they felt a little bit rough to the touch. I also found both of these polishes chipped after a few days at the corners of my nails.

I found both the nail envy colours and the hand lotion (which I already use) to be very useful and essential for people who have soft or brittle nails, as these are treatment products designed to help strengthen your nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment