Tuesday 3 November 2015

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer


Philip Kingsley Elasticizer

For the past six months I have been using Philip Kingsley’s elasticizer as I have long dark blonde wavy hair which I tend to get my hair dresser to put some highlights through in the winter months when the sun isn’t here to naturally lighten my colour.  On top of this I also blow dry and straighten my hair at least 5 times a week, as my hair doesn’t feel so weighed down when it’s straight.  As a result my hair can snap more easily and is prone to a few split ends, which means I then have to get a lot more taken off at the hairdressers than I anticipated.



As you can see from the video Philip Kingsley’s elasticizer was created 40 years ago for Audrey Hepburn she had fine hair which was constantly styled and as a result she wanted a product which not only put condition in her hair, but also gave her fuller, thicker and more elasticity into her hair. Philip Kingsley (hair tri-cologist) went into his lab and created elasticizer, the world’s first pre-shampoo conditioning treatment, to this day he claims this is his hero product.


I found the science behind this product to be very interesting, Philip Kingsley states healthy hair should stretch when it’s wet, before returning to its original length when its dry. If there is no stretch this can lead to break or snap and as a result we end up with split ends.  Elasticizer when applied to damped hair coats the hair in a rich moisture which creates suppleness, and elasticity. He also states that after one application there should be visible results.

I really enjoy using this product, it’s a little bit messy to start with as you need to dampen your hair first, then apply the product to the mid length and ends of your hair.  The instructions said to place a plastic cap over your head for 20 minutes, however I let it dry in naturally and kept it on my hair overnight.

In the morning I wash my hair with any shampoo and conditioner which I have to hand, and dried/straightened it as I normally would and found my hair to have more vitality, bounce and more radiance to my colour. My split ends are less visible and as a result of using this treatment once a week, my hair dresser now complements me on the condition of my hair.  I can now continue to grow my hair without the need to have split ends chopped off every few weeks.

6 comments:

  1. I have very fine hair, it looks odd if it's too straight but has a natural curl n frizz (if I'm honest) so might look out for this to try!! Loving the blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog Hayley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra, thank you for your lovely comment! I am new to this so finding it a little fiddly! Will have more posts soon!

      Delete
  3. Hi Mel thanks for leaving a comment. I think this product should help to create a bit of volume in your hair, and will help to control the frizz element. When I use this it helps smooth out the wave, so long as I use the diffuser attachment on my hairdryer. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Hayles! Im rather interested in this product now after reading this! You know my hair - although it is quite naturally straight, the thickness of it means it lays flat and i struggle to get volume at the roots. Hmm. Plus im blonde now and it drys out more than it used to with constant heat styling etc so i will look into this product!

    Great blog! Comes across so professional like you've been writing them for years! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sammy thanks for the comment! You have beautiful natural thick hair, however can see your point about the blonde drying your hair out, another reason why I like this product. I would say this will help after you have used it on a weekly basis, help to give it more vitality hopefully let me know if you get it and how you get on with it.

    ReplyDelete